All attendees of the conference have free access to all three days (27, 28, and 29 October ) of the IOT360 Summit
WITH THE OPEN PASS TICKET YOU CAN ATTEND ALL CO-LOCATED CONFERENCES
The Second EAI International Conference on Cognitive Internet of Things Technologies October 26th and 27th, 2015, Rome, Italy
Recent studies and reports have evinced that the Internet of Things will have a huge impact on our society. Conservative estimates predict there will be 50 billion of connected devices by 2020. Besides connecting real-time such numbers of objects, managing them and the data they generate will also pose challenges whether each of these produce no more than few bytes per minute in a very remote location or heavy data-streams within the heart of "resource rich" smart cities. Simply looking at the sheer size of these numbers, it is clear that competing for end-user attention will be the main hurdle to overcome.
To put it in Mark Weiser's words, these objects will have to "weave themselves into the fabric of our everyday life" leveraging on the features of a more Cognitive IoT where connected "things" become more intelligent and more autonomous. All this abundance of information sources generated by the ubiquitous computing phenomena opens new perspectives for many Artificial Intelligence branches, such as decision making strategies, reasoning, learning, etc.
Cognitive IoT aims at gathering enthusiastic researchers and practitioners from AI and IoT-related areas sharing the common goal of addressing the new challenges posed by the Cognitive aspect of IoT, by using new or leveraging existing Artificial Intelligence techniques.
- The event is endorsed by the European Alliance for Innovation, a leading community-based organization devoted to the advancement of innovation in the field of ICT and will be co-located with the IOT360 Summit;
- We are happy to inform you that our Keynote speaker at the conference this year will be Prof. Klaus Moessner and Dr Payam Barnaghi
- Accepted papers will be published in the COIOTE Conference Proceedings and by Springer-Verlag in the Lecture Notes of ICST (LNICST). The proceedings will be available both in book form and via the SpringerLink digital library, which is one of the largest digital libraries online and covers a variety of scientific disciplines.
- The proceedings are submitted for inclusion to the leading indexing services: DBLP, Google Scholar, Thomson Scientific ISI Proceedings, EI Elsevier Engineering Index, CrossRef, Scopus, as well as ICST's own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
- Best Papers will be considered for publication in the ACM/Springer Mobile Networks and Applications Journal (MONET). Best papers will be invited to publish also in the EAI Endorsed Transactions on Cognitive Communications and http://eai.eu/transaction/internet-things .
- This conference will be held within the scope of IoT360, a flagship event around Internet of Things.