The First International Conference on Cognitive Internet of Things Technologies
October 27, 2014, Rome, Italy
Recent studies and reports have evinced that the Internet of Things will have a huge impact on our society. Conservative estimates predict there will be 50 billion of connected devices by 2020. Besides connecting real-time such numbers of objects, managing them and the data they generate will also pose challenges whether each of these produce no more than few bytes per minute in a very remote location or heavy data-streams within the heart of "resource rich" smart cities. Simply looking at the sheer size of these numbers, it is clear that competing for end-user attention will be the main hurdle to overcome.
To put it in Mark Weiser's words, these objects will have to "weave themselves into the fabric of our everyday life" leveraging on the features of a more Cognitive IoT where connected "things" become more intelligent and more autonomous. All this abundance of information sources generated by the ubiquitous computing phenomena opens new perspectives for many Artificial Intelligence branches, such as decision making strategies, reasoning, learning, etc.
Cognitive IoT aims at gathering enthusiastic researchers and practitioners from AI and IoT-related areas sharing the common goal of addressing the new challenges posed by the Cognitive aspect of IoT, by using new or leveraging existing Artificial Intelligence techniques.
- We are glad to announce the “Affordances in the Internet of Things” (AIoT) Special Session;
- Dr. Artur Arsénio, YDreams Robotics CEO, will give a talk on: “The Internet of Intelligent Things - Bringing Intelligence into Objects”:
- The event is endorsed by the European Alliance for Innovation, a leading community-based organization devoted to the advancement of innovation in the field of ICT and will be co-located with the IOT360 Summit;
- Participation in this event will give attendees the unique opportunity to be exposed to all technical scientific aspects of IoT related topic areas at co-located conferences, as well as be able to have full access to the IoT market place and business aspects in practice at the IOT 360 Summit.
- All accepted papers will be published by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library, one of the world's largest scientific libraries. Best papers will be invited to publish also in the EAI Endorsed Transactions on Cognitive Communications.